Supporting Asperger Families in Essex (SAFE) is a parent support group for families whose relatives (of all ages) have this challenging condition. Many hundreds of people have made contact and find that talking to others with Asperger Syndrome and their families, who share similar experiences and feelings, helps them cope. SAFE offers a valuable opportunity to exchange information on practical topics including how to claim benefits, obtain a statement of special educational need, how to access supported living and how to plan for the future.
SAFE works with education, health, mental health and social care service departments to improve and develop services for people with Asperger Syndrome and their families in Essex.
Why join SAFE?
SAFE continues to develop a range of support activities for adults and children with Asperger Syndrome and their families.
- Monthly support meetings for all ages
- Monthly SAFE and ASAP Newsletters
- Social groups
- ASAP Support Groups for adults and families
- Information pack for all members
- Social skills training for older children and adults
- Supported Youth club activities for older children
- Social and arts based activities for young children
- Social activities and Friendship Clubs for adults
- Discounted entry to SAFE conferences
- Access to the SAFE email helpline
- Access to specialist Asperger training courses
Join SAFE Today:
Step 1 – Download and print the SAFE Membership Form 2013
Step 2 – Complete the application form
Step 3 – enclose a cheque (for the amount to pay see the application form. The maximum yearly joining fee is £15 and £7.50 for those on welfare benefits).
Step 4 – Send the completed form and cheque to:
SAFE, 145 London Road, Rayleigh, SS6 9AU
We look forward to meeting you!